Steps for using the CFP Survey
- Educate yourself about the survey by participating in a webinar and downloading the Guidance document (below).
- Apply to take the online survey. In this initial application, indicate whether your company wishes to be named as participating in the Survey in the CFP 2018 Annual Report or remain anonymous. Note: The Survey is designed for brands and manufacturers of products or components of products. Product sectors include, but are not limited to, apparel and footwear; automobiles and automotive parts; building products and furniture; consumer packaged goods (including household and personal care products); electronics; medical devices; and textiles.
- Receive approval from CFP to complete the online survey.
- Log in to take the survey, respond to questions, and include applicable documentation. Survey questions include options to make your company’s responses (excluding documentation) and score publicly available on the CFP website.
- Click “complete” when all responses are filled in and documentation provided.
- CFP will review responses and documentation, then assign each responding company a score from 1 – 100. Each responding company will receive a report with its score. CFP will compile and analyze data from all responders anonymously in an annual report, to be released in April 2018. With their permission, leading companies will be highlighted in the report by name. All companies that agree to make their participation public will be listed in the annual report. Responses and scores of companies that agree to make these public will be posted on the CFP website.
Download the CoHC list as a PDF or Excel file.
CFP is a market differentiator and provides a competitive advantage for business leaders. This new tool will add a level of transparency and help companies mitigate reputational and regulatory risks and exploit opportunities afforded by moving to safer chemicals.
- Roger McFadden, Staples, Inc.
Participating in the Chemical Footprint Project pilot led us to develop a formal chemical policy that will be included on our website. Our chemicals policy and its successful implementation is the very heart of our company philosophy.
- Jessica Iclisoy , California Baby
CFP provides the definitive tool for measuring overall corporate chemical management performance. We look forward to its widespread use in the furnishings sector where a credible, third party benchmarking of chemical performance is missing, yet needed.
- Barry Cik, Naturepedic
The Investor Environmental Health Network welcomes the launch of the Chemical Footprint Project. For too long chemicals and health have been missing pieces in Environmental Social Governance (ESG) assessments. Now we have a tool that investors can use to fill in this critical information.
- Richard Liroff, Investor Environmental Health Network
Companies need to know the chemicals in their products and supply chains, and be able to benchmark their performance. CFP offers a new and welcomed option for companies to make progress in these efforts.